Bruce is a safety professional with 24 years of experience, and a background in the manufacturing industry. He spent 20 years with WorkSafeBC working in a variety of roles related to injury prevention – as a prevention officer, instructor, and in prevention quality assurance.
As a workplace safety consultant, he assists employers to develop safety management systems, train their employees, and investigate workplace incidents. He is currently a sessional instructor in the occupational health and safety program at Simon Fraser University, where he teaches courses in health and safety management.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Graduate of BCIT in both occupational health and safety and operations management
- Post graduate degree in human factors and safety management systems
- Diploma in Adult Education
- Provincial Instructor Diploma
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional
- Chartered Member of the Institution for Occupational Safety and Health
- Certified Environmental Safety and Health Trainer
Advocate Workplace Safety Services
#183-5148 Ladner Trunk Road