Human Resources Specialist
Who We Are
What You’ll Be Doing
- People Operations: you’ll work with us to support the people and culture needs of our organization from delivering hands-on tactical HR practices to policy development and long-term talent strategy.
- Internal Collaboration: you’ll work with our leaders and team members to determine their talent needs, understand right-fit and provide direction they need to engage, develop, and retain team members.
- Full cycle recruitment. As our growth continues, you’ll source talent across multiple channels, manage recruitment advertising, and formalize our recruitment function
- Learning and Development: We place a high value on developing the skills and expertise of our team members and we’ll look to you to assess training needs and source relevant resources.
- Build Stakeholder Relations: You’ll develop outreach opportunities within the HR community and MSABC membership to educate and promote MSABC’s capabilities in supporting HR professionals in developing their organization’s safety culture.
Who You Are
- Experience and Educated. You know what it takes to support the people practice of a small dynamic team. You bring a minimum five years’ experience as an HR generalist, preferably in a combination of private sector and non-profit settings, along with a valid CPHR (Chartered Professional Human Resources) designation or nearing completion supplemented by a diploma or degree in a related field.
- More than HR: You understand the full talent lifecycle and understand the importance of great onboarding and know that successful recruitment depends on it. As a people and culture specialist, you are passionate about creating a responsive and caring employee experience that supports the mental health and wellness of all.
- Connected: You are well-networked within the HR community and an active participant in CPHR or similar association, with frequent attendance at professional development and networking events.
- An OH&S Advocate. You are the ultimate brand champion. You can embrace and embody our values, and take pride in representing the Alliance in HR circles, online, in person, at industry events, and professional associations.
- Data Driven: While you love the people side of this important work, you have an aptitude for the data and analytics. Tracking activity and results and reporting on KPI’s are essential to your success.
Why You Should Work Here
Based in Chilliwack, BC, we are an OSSE certified company with a recognized health & safety management system. We work in partnership with WorkSafeBC in their Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program, and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program, which recognizes and financially rewards employers who have high standards of occupational health and safety and return-to-work programs.
As an industry association employer, we’re responsible for ensuring we meet and exceed health & safety practices for our approximately 30 professional staff while building a strong organizational culture. While remote work arrangements are in full effect currently, we offer a professional office environment along with competitive compensation and robust extended health and wellness benefits. With new programs and services under development, it’s an exciting time to join our organization.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.