Executive Assistant to the COO
If you consider yourself a professional administrative or accounting assistant and are eager to take on a diverse, office-based role in a dynamic growing industry association, we’d love to hear from you! Our office is located in Chilliwack, BC, and we offer a professional work environment, competitive compensation and a generous benefits and vacation package. You’re the person we’re looking for if your experience includes providing full cycle accounting support, office administration, project coordination, and communication liaison with managers and staff at all levels.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be the key administrative resource for the Chief Operating Officer and as an integral member of the MSABC team and business, work collaboratively to enhance relationships between the COO office, all MSABC staff, and the larger community we serve.
- Executive Assistance: Proactively administer the COO’s calendar; manage and communicate the flow of information to the COO; ensure policies and procedures are followed in dealing with concerns and issues within the COO’s portfolio, make travel arrangements, manage record-keeping.
- Quality Assurance: Develop and maintain any QA systems required to support MSABC support services outreach and ensure adequate measurements and evaluations are provided for various departmental teams.
- Administration and Project Management: Administer the flow of special projects or manage assigned projects from concept to completion; carry out research and analysis where required, communicate with stakeholders, clients, vendors if appropriate, attend project meetings, prepare progress reports and follow up on action items.
- Documentation and Meeting Prep: Write, edit, prepare, coordinate, and organize correspondences including briefing notes, digital presentations, memos, meeting agendas/minutes and reports as requested.
Who You Are
- Experienced: You bring a minimum of five-plus years of corporate office and executive support experience. Post-secondary education such as a diploma or degree in a related field is a definite asset.
- Administrative Excellence: You’ve been recognized for your meticulous eye for detail and strong analytical skills. Demonstrated superior judgment, integrity, problem-solving and communication savvy. Word, MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and video conferencing (Microsoft Teams and Zoom) are second nature to you.
- More than an EA: Project management capabilities, able to design project plans and execute to completion and expectations. Sound business acumen and continuous process improvement mindset.
- Relationship Savvy: Excellent customer service skills, handling requests and inquiries in a professional, diplomatic and service-driven manner. High level of professionalism with the ability to maintain composure in difficult situations. Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders (all levels, internal and external).
Why You Should Work Here
At the Alliance, our goal is to make manufacturing safer and ensure that every worker returns home healthy and safe each day.
Based in Chilliwack, we work with more than 3000 manufacturers in British Columbia to reduce injuries in the workplace. We provide occupational health and safety advisory services, resources, and training to manufacturing and food processing businesses across the province.
Equality and inclusion are essential values of the Alliance, and we are committed to building a diverse and talented team. Grow your career with our team of health and safety professionals who are passionate about making a difference for BC workers.
We offer a competitive salary along with a compensation and benefits package that includes vacation, health and dental care, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and contributions towards your retirement.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.