Instructor, Occupational Health and Safety
Who We Are
At the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC, our goal is to make the manufacturing industry a safer place to work by creating a culture of safety that brings every worker returned home safely to their family every night. As a not-for-profit industry organization passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day, we serve a demographic of more than 2500 manufacturers in BC and employ a professional team of specialists to support our members. We deliver a range of occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training, and provide the Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence certification program for the manufacturing industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Training Preparation: You’ll acquire and maintain deep understanding of the facilitator materials, courseware and trainer kits and adapt training to fit each client group across a mix of virtual and in-person delivery (subject to public health protocols).
- Training Facilitation: You’ll deliver training that fully explores the depth of content while meeting the capabilities and learning needs of the participants.
- Course and content development: Contribution to the full scope of health and safety training supports such as courseware refreshment, working with instructional designers, and optimizing training content will be essential.
- Program Development: As a key member of the Training Department, you’ll participate in updating awareness of session materials, including toolbox talks, infographics, and training guides.
Who You Are
- Experienced and Educated. You hold a degree or diploma in OHS, supplemented by a portfolio of five to seven years of corporate training experience. Familiarity with the principles of adult learning as a professional instructor are highly desirable.
- Versatile: You bring high-level competency in delivering instructor-led classroom training of both dedicated employee groups and in open learning environments. Virtual training experience is a definite asset; a willingness to learn and deliver through this training mode is essential. Candidates who bring instructional experience in these disciplines will be given priority consideration:
- Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Incident Investigation
- Workplace Investigations
- Emergency Preparedness
- Industry Knowledge: Manufacturing or food processing industry experience or exposure in a site or safety supervisory role is desirable.
- A Project Manager: Proven capabilities in project management as it relates to Occupational Health & Safety training programs.
- Travel Flexibility: Subject to public health protocols, the flexibility to travel within the Lower Mainland and BC is required, along the willingness to train on occasional weekends as customer demand requires.
Why You Should Work Here
Based in Chilliwack, BC, we are an OSSE certified company with a recognized health & safety management system. We work in partnership with WorkSafeBC in their Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program, and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program, which recognizes and financially rewards employers who have high standards of occupational health and safety and return-to-work programs.
As an industry association employer, we’re responsible for ensuring we meet and exceed health & safety practices for our approximately 30 professional staff while building a strong organizational culture. While remote work arrangements are in full effect currently, we offer a professional office environment along with competitive compensation and robust extended health and wellness benefits. With new programs and services under development, it’s an exciting time to join our organization.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.