Human Resources & OHS Specialist
Who We Are
At the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC, our goal is to make the manufacturing sector a safer place to work by creating a culture of safety that returns every worker home safely to their family every night. As a not-for-profit industry organization passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day, we serve a demographic of more than 2500 manufacturers in BC and employ a professional team of specialists to support our members. We deliver a range of occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training, and provide the Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence Program for the manufacturing sector.
What You’ll Be Doing
- People Operations: you’ll work with us to support the people and culture needs of our organization from delivering hands-on tactical HR practices to policy development and long-term talent strategy.
- Internal Collaboration: you’ll work with our leaders and team members to determine their talent needs, understand right-fit and provide direction they need to engage, develop, and retain team members.
- Learning and Development: We place a high value on developing the skills and expertise of our team members and we’ll look to you to assess training needs and source relevant resources.
- Occupational Health and Safety Support: You’ll assist us in keeping our internal OHS policies and practices up to date, while developing outreach opportunities within the HR community and MSABC membership to inform them of the ways MSABC can support them in developing their organization’s safety culture.
Who You Are
- Experience and Educated. You know what it takes to support the people practice of a small dynamic team. You bring a minimum five years’ experience as an HR generalist, preferably in a combination of private sector and nonprofit settings. Formal HR training and education is required; a CPHR (Chartered Professional Human Resources) designation or nearing completion would be an asset.
- More than HR: As a people and culture specialist, you are passionate about creating a responsive and caring employee experience that supports the mental health and wellness of all.
- Connected: You are interested in being connected and networked within the HR community and an active participant in CPHR or similar association, with frequent attendance at professional development and networking events.
- An OHS Advocate. You are the ultimate brand champion. You can embrace and embody our values, and take pride in representing the Alliance in HR circles, online, in person, at industry events, and professional associations.
Why You Should Work Here
Based in Chilliwack, BC, we are an OSSE certified company with a recognized health & safety management system. We work in partnership with WorkSafeBC in their Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program, and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program, which recognizes and financially rewards employers who have high standards of occupational health and safety and return-to-work programs.
As an industry association employer, we’re responsible for ensuring we meet and exceed health & safety practices for our approximately 30 professional staff while building a strong organizational culture. While remote work arrangements are in full effect currently, we offer a professional office environment along with competitive compensation and robust extended health and wellness benefits. With new programs and services under development, it’s an exciting time to join our organization.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.