Communications and Content Marketing Specialist
The Communications, Content and Multimedia Marketing Specialist role is a key player in building awareness for the Alliance and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence brands through multimedia content development and media outreach.
The Specialist collaborates in developing and implementing key messaging, strategy, and workflows for a range of multi-channel content marketing, media, and advertising campaigns. This person is also a key contributor to the planning and production of major Alliance events, including a high-profile annual conference, gala award ceremony, and other events.
The primary responsibilities of the Content and Multimedia Marketing Specialist include:
- Copy writing and content development (including phone and onsite interviews)
- Web strategy and hands-on web editing
- Videography and video editing (internal and onsite at member locations)
- External media relations, messaging, and advocacy
- Social media strategy
- Digital advertising strategy and content development
At times, the Specialist may also work on a range of other communications projects.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Use effective storytelling in priority communications initiatives such as news articles, web pillar content, blog posts, external article placements, and newsletters
- Develop effective educational and promotional materials and resources using a variety of media—including newsletters, brochures, publications, radio and television public service announcements, advertisements, articles, reports, infographics, and video
- Write and edit materials for media relations, marketing, and training; review all external communications prior to Marketing Manager’s approval and fact-check and copy edit to produce high-quality content
- Develop and direct interviews. Capture and edit video and, at times, direct external video production contractors
Marketing Communications and Stakeholder Relations
- Develop a strong, dynamic and integrated narrative for the Alliance; identify and leverage opportunities to position the organization’s voice and brand in the BC manufacturing industry
- With guidance from the Marketing Manager and Executive team, develop and implement communication strategies in support of health and safety priorities
- Research, plan, and execute initiatives to reach target audiences through the most effective channels, building relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Evaluate and report monthly on communications activities
- Represent the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC at outside events as required, and equip other staff attending or exhibiting at events with the information and materials they need to represent the brand effectively
- Establish and maintain active and strong working relationships with client advocates, industry partners, and influencers
Media, Communications, and Stakeholder Relations
- Strategize, create, and execute media engagement plans
- Draft and publish media releases and support media relations strategies where required
- Track media and social media performance, and assist in analyzing marketing performance and demographic data to help shape future marketing strategies
- Provide media coaching and training to organizational spokespeople and board members as needed
- Develop and maintain crisis management processes and key messaging in consultation with the Marketing Manager and Executive team
Event Planning and Execution
- Participate in developing event and event marketing strategy; develop related copy and content pieces
- Collaborate with Graphic and Web Designer and IT Manager to develop effective event websites and landing pages, registration systems, and archives (including webinar content and virtual event sessions)
- As needed, contribute to speaker outreach and engagement and programming
- Collaborate with the marketing team on campaign research and development for direct marketing, email promotions, and advertising campaigns
- Plan and manage the social media calendar and related content, in collaboration with Graphic and Web Designer
- Manage print and digital/social advertising placements based on defined strategy and editorial calendar
Who You Are
- Advanced writing abilities and presentation skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in a communications role; event planning or production experience is a plus
- Videography and video editing skills; motion graphic editing skills preferred
- Thorough understanding of traditional and digital marketing and market research methods
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM; applications for email marketing, web development, design, content management, and analytics; and digital advertising
- Experience with media relations and media placement; understanding and ability to manage social media communication and develop engagement online
- Proven ability to work within a collaborative team environment and manage consultants
- Experience communicating with all business levels, including executive management
- An understanding of occupational health and safety would be an asset
- Collaborative positive thinker, motivated to achieve high standards
- Exceptionally organized, with a track record of meeting deadlines
- Valid driver’s license with a clean abstract and ability to travel within BC
Why You Should Work Here
At the Alliance, our goal is to make manufacturing safer and ensure that every worker returns home healthy and safe each day.
Based in Chilliwack, we work with more than 3000 manufacturers in British Columbia to reduce injuries in the workplace. We provide occupational health and safety advisory services, resources, and training to manufacturing and food processing businesses across the province.
Equality and inclusion are essential values of the Alliance, and we are committed to building a diverse and talented team. Grow your career with our team of health and safety professionals who are passionate about making a difference for BC workers.
We offer a competitive salary along with a compensation and benefits package that includes vacation, health and dental care, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and contributions towards your retirement.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.