Office Administration/Finance Assistant
Who We Are
At the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC, our goal is to make the manufacturing industry a safer place to work by creating a culture of safety that brings every worker returned home safely to their family every night. As a not-for-profit industry organization passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day, we serve more than 3000 manufacturers in BC and employ a professional team of specialists to support our members. We deliver a range of occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training, and provide the Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence certification program for the manufacturing industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
You will be the key administrative resource for the Chief Financial Officer and as an integral member of the Alliance team and business, working collaboratively to ensure a well-functioning office environment and financial services administration. This includes:
- Accounting/Finance Admin: Process routine transactions including posting daily receipts, preparing deposits, verifying and reconciling accounts payable and receivable, payroll and benefits administration, purchase orders, ETF payments, cheque requisitions, and bank statements.
- Communications Support: Support members through inbound calls and emails, directing inbound communications to the appropriate departments for support; collect relevant information and ensure it is recorded in the CRM software.
- Office Administration: Develop and maintain administrative systems, document processing, file management, funding program support, finance meeting minute taking, scanning, photocopying.
- Physical Office Management: Order and maintain adequate inventory of office and kitchen supplies/equipment; maintain equipment log-in/log-out tracker, ensure professional appearance and cleanliness of the office environment; when needed, arrange trades support for premises upkeep
Who You Are
For successful consideration, you must bring:
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in Accounting and office administration with demonstrated proficiency in full cycle accounting processes, accounting and business software including MS office, and video platforms (Teams/Zoom).
- A BCIT or other recognized post-secondary diploma or degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
- Communication proficiency at all levels in a professional office environment, including managing requests and inquiries in a professional, diplomatic and service-driven manner. Ability to work with a variety of stakeholders (all levels, internal and external).
- Organizational and systems savvy: You’ve been recognized for your meticulous eye for detail, strong analytical skills and natural organizational ability.
- You thrive in an environment where you can work both independently and in a service-driven, small team environment.
Why You Should Work Here
Based in Chilliwack, BC, we are an OSSE certified company with a recognized health & safety management system. We work in partnership with WorkSafeBC in their Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program, and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program, which recognizes and financially rewards employers who have high standards of occupational health and safety and return-to-work programs.
As an industry association employer, we’re responsible for ensuring we meet and exceed health & safety practices for our approximately 30 professional staff while building a strong organizational culture. While remote work arrangements are in full effect currently, we offer a professional office environment along with competitive compensation and robust extended health and wellness benefits. With new programs and services under development, it’s an exciting time to join our organization.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.