OH&A Member Experience Manager
Who We Are
At the Alliance, our goal is to make the manufacturing industry a safer place to work by creating a culture of safety that brings every worker returned home safely to their family every night. As a not-for-profit industry organization passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day, we serve a demographic of over 2500 manufacturers in BC and employ a professional team of specialists to support our members. We deliver a range of occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training and provide the Occupational Safety Standard Program for the Manufacturing industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead the daily activities of the Occupational Health and Safety Services Department
- Contribute to developing a services framework that translates members’ corporate safety strategy into specific initiatives and policies.
- Support a team of safety advisors and specialists who provide members with assistance in building their OHS programs to a standard of excellence and provide contract services to members in specialized areas of risk.
- Represent and participate on provincial and national OHS committees and with senior WorkSafeBC officials for the benefit of supporting the Alliance interests as needed.
- Support quality assurance processes to ensure consistent delivery of service to the highest standards
- Ensure the Alliance meets our members’ outcomes and objectives and assesses the continuous improvement of programs and resources.
Who You Are
- Industry knowledge: A minimum of eight to ten years of management experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally in both union and non-union settings, with a keen understanding of OHS management systems and the challenges of developing a safety culture.
- Management experience: Proven success in leading and developing a team of high-performing professionals.
- Customer/member experience: you know first-hand what it takes to manage the coordination and delivery of the customer/client experience to achieve service level standards for response time and quality assurance.
- Relationship building: You’re a natural communicator who develops rapport easily, understands the agendas and perspectives of individuals and/or groups. You connect easily with senior management and executives.
- Negotiation skills: You’re an adept negotiator who sets the stage for a positive outcome and is able to uncover needs, priorities and various options for the other party.
- Proficiency with CRM systems, business process mapping.
- Education: A diploma or degree in business administration, operations management or related field supported by ongoing professional development.
Why You Should Work Here
Based in Chilliwack, BC, we are an OSSE certified company with a recognized health & safety management system. We work in partnership with WorkSafeBC in their Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program, and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program, which recognizes and financially rewards employers who have high standards of occupational health and safety and return-to-work programs.
As an industry association employer, we’re responsible for ensuring we meet and exceed health & safety practices for our approximately 30 professional staff while building a strong organizational culture. While remote work arrangements are in full effect currently, we offer a professional office environment along with competitive compensation and robust extended health and wellness benefits. With new programs and services under development, it’s an exciting time to join our organization.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.