OHS Engineering Technologist Advisor
Who We Are
At the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC, our goal is to make the manufacturing sector a safer place to work by creating a culture of safety that returns every worker home safely to their family every night. As a not-for-profit industry organization passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day, we serve a demographic of more than 2500 manufacturers in BC and employ a professional team of specialists to support our members. We deliver a range of occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training, and provide the Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence Program for the manufacturing sector.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Deliver technical advisory support within the industrial racking, machine safeguarding, and other technical safety support training areas
- Provide on-site scoping reviews and assessments of manufacturing facilities to provide overall understanding of areas of risk and improvements
- Assist, review, and advise employers on next steps to improve
- Conduct on-site training and assessments to ensure compliance requirements have been met
- Support annual performance plans to help members achieve compliance and safety standards
- Participate in the quality assurance and review of the Industrial Racking and machine safeguarding materials and courses
- Conduct desktop reviews and quality assurance of all completed scopings, reports, and training
- Support OHS Audit department in all aspects of auditing activities
Who You Are
For primary consideration, you must bring:
- A Degree/Diploma in Engineering Technology, with two or more years practical experience
- Preferred but not necessary – OHS Safety Advisor Training and or Certification
- National or equivalent International Auditor experience (ISO 45001, ISO 9001, or ISO 14001)
- Strong verbal communication and written/report writing skills to effectively communicate with clients and regulatory officers in a variety of media
- Ability to both self-manage and work collaboratively with professional peers and clients
- Driven to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence
- Be able to work occasionally outside of normal work hours
- Valid BC Driver’s License with good driving record
- Reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel programs)
Why You Should Work Here
Based in Chilliwack, BC, we are an OSSE certified company with a recognized health & safety management system. We work in partnership with WorkSafeBC in their Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program, and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program, which recognizes and financially rewards employers who have high standards of occupational health and safety and return-to-work programs.
As an industry association employer, we’re responsible for ensuring we meet and exceed health & safety practices for our approximately 30 professional staff while building a strong organizational culture. While remote work arrangements are in full effect currently, we offer a professional office environment along with competitive compensation and robust extended health and wellness benefits. With new programs and services under development, it’s an exciting time to join our organization.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.