OHS Audit Advisor
The aim of the OHS Audit Advisor is to ensure we are offering value to members without compromise, delivering the highest level of service by supporting the OHS programs policy development, coordinating OSSE company and auditor relations and the OSSE awards program. Based at the head office in Chilliwack, this position supports a hybrid of home-based/remote and office-based work and reports to the OHS Audits Manager.
The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC currently offers OSSE/COR certification. In the future, it may offer Safe 360 and ISO 45001 certification programs as well. The Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program for the manufacturing and food processing industries meets and exceeds the requirements of the “Certificate of Recognition” (COR) offered by other Certifying Partners in the WorkSafeBC Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program. The certification recognizes and rewards employers who go beyond the legal requirements of the Workers Compensation Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation by taking a ‘best practices’ approach to implementing Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Injury Management and Return-To-Work (IM/RTW) management systems. The program promotes equally the concept of managing health and safety together with other components necessary for a successful business such as profitability and productivity.
What You’ll Be Doing
Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Audits Program
- Assist the OHS Audits Manager in administering the OHS auditing programs.
- Effectively coordinate with peer OSSE and other OHS Audit Advisors in administering OHS programs
- Support OHS Admin in registration of employers into the OSSE program and other future programs
- Assist, review, and advise employers with the OSSE registration process and other future programs
- Ensure employers are well informed of their OHS progress (audit and internal auditor certification/re-certification) and their requirements for continual OSSE certification status
- Support functions of the OHS auditing programs, including the review of the audit tools and collection of trend data for the OHS program to track performance
- Support the OHS Audits Manager in development and implementation of continuous improvement strategies for OHS programs, OSSE, and certified companies
Program Administration and Management
- Ensure accurate record keeping of the local database and WorkSafeBC iCOR database for all employers registered and certified in the OSSE and other OHS certification programs
- Collection of OSSE and other OHS program statistics for progress reports, monthly or as required
- Participate in the quality assurance and review of the OSSE and other OHS certification programs
- Conduct desktop audit reviews and quality assurance of all completed audits (internal and external)
- Maintain high quality assurance standards and monitor employer applications for OSSE rebates in accordance with WorkSafeBC’s COR Standards and Guidelines
- Administer the Quality Assurance Verification programs – Auditor Quality Assurance (AQA) and Employer Audit Quality Assurance (EAQA)
- Review the OHS and IM/RTW audit tools and associated audit documentation
Stakeholder Engagements and Attractions
- Support OHS Audits Manager in representing the Alliance at the Certifying Partner’s Working Group Meeting
- Support OHS Audits Manager in representing the Alliance in various events hosted or participated by the Alliance
- Coordinate with various stakeholders including WorkSafeBC in policies and procedures around the OSSE and other OHS certification programs
- Look to meet with the management of the potential employers for OHS certification or other key stakeholders to introduce the benefits and road map of OHS certification programs
- Perform on-site OHS readiness review for potential certifying employers and work with employers to create a specific road map to achieve OHS program certification.
- Update and verify all pertinent and important employer information and communications in CRM and other platforms
- Engage and facilitate the promotion of OHS certification programs to the current and potential employers
- Participate in other regulatory or safety industry events, webinars and conferences as the schedule and workload allows that can provide continuous career knowledge development
- Work with other departments in support of the development, updating, and implementation of new programs, events, and resources
- Participate in the development of new OSSE and other OHS-related training programs and/or resources
- Review OHS training material and techniques, where necessary
- Plan and conduct auditor (internal and external) auditor training and any other OHS related training sessions
- Review and maintain the auditor training program and pool of qualified auditors (internal and external)
- Research, consult, and develop training resources for auditor training
- Participate in the selection of suitable candidates to be trained and certified as Certified OSSE and the OHS External Auditors
Location and Travel
- Based in the Lower Mainland or Fraser Valley, this role will support all regions of BC.
- The job requires a hybrid of home-based/remote and office-based work.
- May require some travel, primarily in the Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley, but occasionally may include travel throughout BC, to member sites, conferences, or other events.
- $80,000 to $89,000
Who You Are
- Degree/Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or other relating programs with 3 to 5 years practical experience
- Professional designation in Occupational Health and Safety such as CRSP or equivalent is an asset
- National or equivalent International Auditor qualifications with at least 3 years’ experience in management system auditing (ISO 45001, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, COR)
- Project management experience
- Adult education academic qualifications or 5 years of relevant training experience
- Post-secondary education in communications and/or demonstrated competence in both written and oral communication
An attractive competitive salary and benefits package will be provided to the successful candidate who possesses the education, experience and passion to achieve our shared mission of reducing injuries in the manufacturing sector of BC.
If you are driven by the mindset of making the impossible…possible, and aspire to belong to a dynamic, values-driven organization, kindly forward your resume to [email protected]