Training and Resource Development Specialist
The core function of the position is to develop health and safety training, tools, resources for internal and external stakeholders. Through research and data analytics, this individual would be planning and proposing appropriate programs to address the training needs of the manufacturing industry and help support health and safety systems development. They would be leading curriculum design, development, implementation, and evaluation for all instructor-led training and virtual training. They would be designing and implementing a variety of learning assets to help employers build health & safety programs and systems to increase the level of health & safety awareness and competency among workers of various levels (frontline, supervisory, management, etc.).
Reporting to the training and development manager, this role would be working on curriculum development projects in a team environment along with health and safety advisors, subject matter experts and other specialists.
This job is best suited for professionals who are passionate about training, have experience in developing curricula, resources, and tools. and are committed to reducing injury rates in the province by helping manufacturers strengthen their health and safety culture. This professional should be creative, have a relevant teaching background, and be passionate about making engaging and empowering training.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create occupational health and safety resources and training course materials using sound instructional design principles/models such as ADDIE
- Work collaboratively with the training and development team and other internal teams in curriculum development projects
- Work with subject matter experts and conduct research when developing various training curricula in a diverse range of formats
- Manage curriculum development projects
- Evaluate the effectiveness of instructor-led training and its impact on workplaces
- Research and recommend modern educational methods (i.e., gamification)
- Create and maintain training-related documentation (i.e., course outlines)
- Set up and maintain instructor-led courses in the learning management system
- Regularly refresh curriculum as scheduled
- Work collaboratively to maintain the departmental quality assurance program
- Support departmental and company-wide continuous improvement initiatives and tasks
- Support Alliance team members in responding to client inquiries regarding training and resources
Who You Are
Your education and skills should include:
- Bachelors degree in instructional design
- Minimum five years experience in developing health and safety curriculum
- Minimum two years experience in managing curriculum development projects
- Excellent writing, communication, and collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of basic graphic design
- Proficient in MS Office 365 products (Excel, Word, Outlook, Planner, SharePoint, and Visio)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
- Recent hands-on experience with learning management software (LMS)
Why You Should Work Here
At the Alliance, our goal is to make manufacturing safer and ensure that every worker returns home healthy and safe each day.
Based in Chilliwack, we work with more than 3000 manufacturers in British Columbia to reduce injuries in the workplace. We provide occupational health and safety advisory services, resources, and training to manufacturing and food processing businesses across the province.
Equality and inclusion are essential values of the Alliance, and we are committed to building a diverse and talented team. Grow your career with our team of health and safety professionals who are passionate about making a difference for BC workers.
We offer a competitive salary along with a compensation and benefits package that includes vacation, health and dental care, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and contributions towards your retirement.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.