Critical Incident Response Training
Diversified Rehabilitation Group has partnered with the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC to deliver a Critical Incidence Response Training Course.
The Critical Incidence Response Training course is designed to teach individuals how to respond and help employees after a critical incident to reduce the harmful effects of distress and trauma. This course provides the skills and information necessary to demobilize, defuse, and/or debrief after a traumatic event.
Upon successful completion of the course material individuals will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from Diversified Rehabilitation Group. The certificate is valid for 12 months.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Critical Incident Response Management (CIRM) Team
- Recognize and help people who display signs of psychological distress following a traumatic event
- Follow the steps of a critical response intervention.
- Stress and Traumatic Stress;
- Individual Differences and Risk Factors;
- Pre-Incident Preparedness;
- Stress Management;
- Basic Intervention Skills;
- Active / Reflective Listening;
- Roles of the Critical Incident Response Management (CIRM) Team;
- Stages of Defusing;
- Seven Stages of Critical Incident Response Debriefing (CIRD);
- Possible Disruptions;
- Troubled Individuals.
This course is designed for Employees, Occupational Health and Safety Advisors, Managers, Supervisors, Human Resources Practitioners, First Aid Attendants, and Return-to-Work Professionals of small to large employers.