An ammonia leak can be dangerous—even catastrophic—causing operational shutdowns, evacuations, and the potential for fatalities. If your refrigeration systems use ammonia, it is critical to understand the associated hazards and liability, your exposure control requirements, and what is required in a comprehensive emergency response plan.
Have you taken the necessary steps to protect your workers and safeguard your business?
Join us November 15 for a breakfast info session on Ammonia Safety for food processors, presented by the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC, WorksafeBC, and Technical Safety BC—in partnership with BC Food and Beverage.
In this session, find out:
- The hazards related to ammonia in refrigeration
- The regulatory requirements
- The basics of an exposure control plan
- What your emergency response plan should include
- Technical/engineering requirements and when to call Technical Safety BC
- How to get support in addressing ammonia in your facility
- Jeanette Campbell, Occupational Hygiene Officer, WorkSafeBC
- Hamid Azarnoush, Senior Safety Officer – Boilers and Pressure Vessels, Technical Safety BC
- Alina Urloiu, Manager, Training Provider and Technical Learning, Technical Safety BC
- Jasmine Kalsi, Safety Advisor and Industrial Hygienist, Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Friday, November 15, 2019
Hilton Metrotown, 6083 McKay Ave, Burnaby, BC V5H 2W7
9 AM – 12 PM (Registration open at 8:30)