This course is designed for occupational health and safety professionals who wish to conduct external OHS & RTW management system audits for the food processing and manufacturing employers seeking OSSE (Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence) certification using the OSSE audit standard developed by the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC.
External auditors will have a combination of education, occupational health and safety background, auditing experience, and food processing/manufacturing industry experience.
- Completion of a one year certificate program in OHS from a recognized institution
- Diploma or Degree in OHS or a related field would be advantageous
- CRSP or equivalent Board designation
- Minimum of 3 years full time employment in the OHS field in last 5 years
- Experience of OHS in the Food Processing Industry/Manufacturing Industry would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of BC OHS legislation and guidance
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent IT skills
- Possess a valid BC driving license/legally entitled to drive in BC
Prospective auditors are required to complete a 5 day auditor training course which will occur when we have a minimum of five qualified individuals, successfully complete a written examination (minimum 80%) and successfully complete a student audit within 90 days of final day of training course.
Auditors are required to sign and comply with an “Auditor Code of Ethics” and Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC’s ‘Non-Disclosure Agreement’. Auditors will also be required to complete 7 hours of approved training and complete a minimum of two audits every 3 years in order to maintain certification
Total cost for instruction and materials is $2,000 (excludes 5% GST)
If this position appeals to you and you have the necessary skills, qualifications and experience, we’d like to hear from you. To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and supporting credentials to email@example.com by April 28, 2017. Short-listed applicants will be contacted for the scheduled interviews. You may be required to complete a Criminal Record Review Check.