Deadline for Application has been extended to April 12, 2019
The Daneen Skilling Scholarship for Studies in Occupational Health and Safety is annual scholarship of $2,500 offered by the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC.
A secondary practicum opportunity is included in this scholarship following successful completion of studies with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Applications will be accepted from students enrolling in a full-time, accredited Occupational Health and Safety program at college or university in BC (BCIT, UBC) for the 2019 – 2020 year.
- Applicants will be accepted from high school graduates and those furthering their education in health and safety graduate studies as outlined in the list of qualified programs.
- Applicants will submit abstracts showing their academic results
- Applicants will submit an essay of 750 to 1,200 words explaining why workplace health and safety is important to them, and why they are pursuing this course of study.
- Applicants will be Canadian citizens or permanent residents residing in the province of BC.
- Applications will be reviewed by an expert panel.
- The scholarship will be awarded at the Annual Manufacturing Safety Alliance Safety Pinnacle Awards Gala in Vancouver on April 24, 2019.