Who We Are
We are the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC – the not for profit health and safety association for Manufacturers in BC. We work with 48 of the 150 classification units within the Manufacturing sector – making up over 3,000 companies and employing close to 50,000 employees. We are designated by WorkSafeBC as the provider of COR Certification for the Manufacturing and Food Processing sectors. Our strategies lower your workplace injury rate and save you money on your premiums work – we have the numbers to prove it. We offer the help of Safety Advisors, training courses and guidance in building effective health & safety programs. As a result of fewer claims in 2015 our members paid 7.2% less in premiums to WorkSafeBC in 2016.
What We Are Offering
A FREE informative 90 minute session providing a high-level view of:
Machine Guarding & Lockout Safety
- Any business in which employees operate complex machinery should take steps to protect their staff and their business by establishing good safety practice
- WorkSafeBC has made this issue a priority and is becoming more active with their orders
- We are here to help explain where you may be in breach of CSA standard Z432 and the steps you can take towards compliance
Loading Dock and Warehouse Safety (Arbon Rite-Hite)
- We will discuss the safety hazards around the loading dock and what type of accidents to look out for
- Take a look at how the regulations affect you and the solutions available to make your work environment safer
- Learn how to protect your workers, equipment, product and trailers by implementing the proper precautions to safely secure your loading dock
Why should I come?
If you have not worked with us before this is a good opportunity to spend 90 minutes getting to know about us. We are ready and willing to answer any questions you might have about our services many of which are available free to our members. Come and get a crash course on what you need to know about these hot topics on the OHS agenda for 2017.