Any workplace that has a radiation source on-site must develop a radiation protection program to ensure the health and safety of workers and others.
If you use radiation in your workplace, it's important to understand the impact of radiation on the health and safety of your workers.
A radiation safety program should contain:
- Documented identification and inventory of radiation sources
- Hazard identification/risk assessment
- Adequate safe work procedures for use, storage and emergency response
- Training and supervision of all workers at-risk
- Monitoring of workers and the workplace for radiation exposure