Gifford Robb CRSP, a Health & Safety Consultant with over 15 years experience, offers a broad based portfolio in the Health & Safety field, with primary focus in the areas of:
- corporate and regulatory auditing
- program development
- claims management
Prior to establishing his consulting business in 2007, Giff worked for a major Canadian Brewery for over 32 years. Fifteen years experience in Health and Safety leadership roles, at both the regional and local plant levels followed a career of more than 17 years in Operations Management, in progressively senior roles.
During his time as Manager, Health and Safety, Giff was responsible for providing advice and guidance to operations management and managing all aspects of the comprehensive H&S Program for the Vancouver brewery. His responsibilities included:
- auditing of all company brewery sites for regulatory and program compliance
- Health and Safety program development
- participation in labour contract negotiations
- implementation and management of WCB claims and return to work program
- provision of Health and Safety guidance and leadership to management, staff, and joint union/management H&S committees
- management of the First Aid function.
Of note, over a 7 year period accident frequency was reduced by 73% and accident severity by 89%. Giff achieved his Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation in 2007. In addition he has a Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, from the University of BC and a Brewing Diploma from Siebel Institute (Chicago).
In addition to his professional interests, Giff is an avid gardener specializing in rhododendrons, and has served on the Board of the American Rhododendron Society. A native of BC, he & his wife have resided in White Rock for 19 years.