John A. Foster
PhD, RPBio, QEP, EP(CEA), EP(EMSLA)
Highly Experienced Management System Auditor and System Developer – Over 300 audits completed.
15 Years Consulting Experience to the Food Industry
International ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001 Registration Auditor
Education/research background in animal nutrition and ecology
Team Leader for Large Industry Audits
John Foster is a Certified Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC External OSSE Auditor and Senior Management System Specialist with SNC-Lavalin Inc. (www.snclavalin.com).
John is SNC-Lavalin’s Lead Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC Certified External Auditor. He is professionally bonded and insured as a Professional Biologist in BC and has over 30 years of consulting experience in Canada and internationally.
John currently holds the following Auditor accreditations:
- Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) Auditor
- BC Maritime Employers Association Certificate of Recognition (COR) Auditor,
- Environmental Compliance and Management System Lead Auditor (ECO Canada)
- OHSAS 18001 (Health & Safety) Lead Auditor
John is also a Contract Auditor for the world’s largest Registrar, SGS International (ISO 14001:2004 and OHSAS 18001).
John has led well over 300 environment, compliance and health & safety audits for federal, provincial and municipal government agencies and a wide variety of private industrial and institutional organizations including manufacturing and food industry clients.
Some of John’s selected food and manufacturing industry experience in Canada and the US includes:
- Developing environmental and emergency management systems for 26 DairyWorld plants in eight Canadian provinces.
- Completing registration and surveillance audits of several of Nestle’s largest North American plants over the last four years, including one plant with over 5500 workers.
- Auditing a wide variety of food operations including:
- Liquid milk
- Ice cream and frozen confections
- Juice plants
- Candy and chocolate factories
- Meat preparation
- Fish/shellfish processing plants
- Packaged and frozen instant dinner plants
- Food transportation systems
- Food research laboratories
- Institutional cafeterias
- Specialty ethnic food operations
- Auditing manufacturing company operations including:
- Automobile parts
- Plastic molding
- Printing and Labeling
- Paper box/packaging
- Sawmills and Plywood mills
- Pulp and Paper Mills
- Styrofoam molding
- Lamp and fixture manufacturing
- Oil & gas refining
- Fertilizer manufacturing
- Pipe manufacturing
- Electronic control manufacturing
- Computer/electronics re-manufacturing
- Metal roofing/flashing
John A. Foster PhD, R.P.Bio, QEP, EP(CEA), EP(EMSLA)
Senior Management System Specialist
Certified Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC OSSE Auditor
8648 Commerce Court
604 515 5151
f. 604 515 5150