$2,500 scholarship will be awarded to a student entering a post-secondary occupational health and safety program.
Deadline for applications has been extended to April 12, 2019!
Chilliwack, BC – The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC is pleased to announce a new annual scholarship in honour of Ms. Daneen Skilling, a dedicated and professional leader to business and community in ensuring workplaces are safe and healthy. Ms. Skilling served as Chair, Board of Directors of the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC (the Alliance) for seven years during a period of significant growth. Her experience, leadership, and dedication in has led the Alliance in becoming a leading centre for health and safety.
This award will support a worthy student pursuing a career in Occupational Health and Safety through post-secondary studies and a commitment to making workplaces physically and psychologically healthy and safe environments for workers and the communities where they operate. This scholarship supports the Alliance Vision – 2020: Partnering with BC’s industry leaders to achieve cultural change that ensures safe workplaces for all employees.
Every year, Scholarships Canada CEO and founder Chris Wilkins estimates millions of dollars in scholarships go unclaimed simply because no one applies.
The annual scholarship of $2,500 is offered by the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC. A secondary practicum opportunity is included in this scholarship following successful completion of studies with a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- Applications will be accepted from students enrolling in an accredited Occupational Health and Safety program at college or university in BC (BCIT, UBC, SFU, UVIC, UNBC, or Okanagan College) for the 2019 – 2020 year.
- Applicants will be accepted from high school graduates and those furthering their education in health and safety graduate studies as outlined in the list of qualified programs.
- Applicants will submit abstracts showing their academic results
- Applicants will submit an essay of 750 to 1,200 words explaining why workplace health and safety is important to them, and why they are pursuing this course of study.
- Applicants will be Canadian citizens or permanent residents residing in the province of BC.
- Deadline for applications has been extended to April 1, 2019!
Applications will be reviewed by an expert panel. The scholarship will be awarded at the Annual Manufacturing Safety Alliance Safety Pinnacle Awards Gala in Vancouver on April 24, 2019.
About the Alliance:
The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC is a leading provider of health and safety services in BC. An industry-funded organization with a board of directors elected from BC manufacturing industries, the Alliance is dedicated to ensuring Occupational Health and Safety professionals of the future are well qualified to provide industry advice and leadership.
Marketing & PR Specialist