Over a 15 year period, 18 deaths occurred in confined spaces according to WorkSafe BC statistics. Our intense, 1 day course meets the training requirements for employees to enter identified confined spaces. Successfully passing an open book test with 80% equates to a valid 3 year wallet card. This onsite course is designed to provide supervisors, entrants, and attendants with the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so they can plan and carry out necessary work safely.
Our course is designed to provide supervisors, entrants, and attendants with the knowledge required to understand confined spaces so that work can be successfully planned and carried out safely.
Confined space work involves some of the most critical hazards in workplaces today. Failure to identify a confined space, properly assess the hazards in these spaces, and create a space-specific plan prior to entry, can lead to catastrophic loss.
- Understanding of what is a confined space.
- Knowledge of Legislation and due diligence.
- Knowledge of Confined Space Hazards and Hazard Controls.
- Knowledge of Confined Space Permit.
- Knowledge of when to have an Emergency/Rescue Plan.
- Safety Introduction
- Typical Hazards, Controls and PPE
- Confined Space Permits
- Monitoring Someone Working in a Confined Space
- Principles and Critical Steps in a Confined Space Rescue
Confined Space Awareness Recommended
Onsite Training 1 day