Ergonomics is concerned with the “fit” between the user, equipment and environment. Ergonomics takes into account users’ capabilities and limitations to ensure tasks, functions, information and the environment suit each user. This course provides information to managers, supervisors and employees. on proper ergonomic design to prevent repetitive strain injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders.
This course is designed to introduce the fundamentals of Ergonomics and is applicable to all sized employers within BC’s manufacturing industry.
This course will provide the basic principles and concepts of Ergonomics so participants understand the importance of application of ergonomic principles in the workplace.
- Recite basic Ergonomic principles and concepts
- Relay the importance of Ergonomics in reducing MSI/MSDs
- Identify contributing factors towards MSI/MSDs
- Establish control programs for MSI/MSDs
- Introduction to Ergonomics
- Work Related Musculoskeletal Injuries/Disorders (MSI/MSDs)
- Ergonomic Concepts
- Control Programs
- Case Studies
Suggested Next Course(s)
Onsite Training 1 day
Open Classroom 1 day
Online 2 hours