The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the regulations, responsibilities and processes for conducting effective investigations.
This course is structured as a one (1) day instructor-led course using a combination of both lecture-based and practical learning components.
Self-paced, online learning option is also available.
This course is designed for Joint Health and Safety Committee members, Worker Health and Safety Reps as well as other employees, managers, or supervisors delegated incident investigation responsibilities.
Previous health and safety education and/or experience is an asset but not required.
This course will cover:
- Regulation and Compliance Requirements
- Basic Principles of Incident Investigation and the Investigation Process
- Equipment and Materials for Investigation
- Procedure for Conducting an Investigation
- Information Gathering and Fact-Finding
- Causal Analysis
- Preventative Measures, Recommendations and Corrective Actions
- Analysis, Review and Continual Improvement
- Distribution of Reports and Privacy Requirements
Legal Requirements, Written Program Requirements, Basic Principles of Incident Investigation, Causal Analysis, Investigation Processes
Assessment and Completion
Upon successful completion of course materials, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Online registration for this course is on an individual basis and is not transferable.