Mental health is feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life, and managing life’s challenges. It is the responsibility of both employers and employees to protect and promote mental health in the workplace to ensure people are psychologically safe. For an introduction to the fundamentals of workplace mental health, start with this free 1 hour online course.
This course is for Joint Health & Safety Committee teams, managers and supervisors.
Improving the management of mental health in the workplace results in decreased productivity by as much as 30%.
- Understand what mental health is
- Recognize the occurrence and impact of mental health issues in the workplace
- Understand the signs and symptoms of a mental health issue
- Understand basic mental health first aid assessment and support
- Recognize 13 organizational factors that can positively impact employee mental health and company performance
- Mental health vs illness
- Types, signs or symptoms
- Initial assessment
- Workplace controls
Online 1 hour