The Mental Health Initial Intervention teaches individuals how to recognize and help employees in the workplace who are displaying signs of mental health distress; until proper support is in place or until the crisis is resolved.
This course is designed for Employees, Occupational Health and Safety Advisors, Managers, Supervisors, Human Resources Practitioners, First Aid Attendants, Return-to-Work Professionals of small to large employers.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Mental Heath attendant
- Recognize and help people who display signs of psychological distress.
- Develop an understating of various psychological disorders and available support including stay at work or return to work support.
- Common Psychological Disorders
- Signs and Risk Factors
- Managing Stress and Stress Resilience
- How to Support Individuals who Displays Psychological Problems
- Crisis Intervention
- Stay at Work and Return-to-Work Support
- Substance Use and Abuse
- Self- Care
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- Ethical Dilemmas
Assessment and Completion
Upon successful completion of the course material individuals will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from Diversified Rehabilitation Group. The certificate is valid for 12 months.
Online Learning Centre
Diversified Rehabilitation Group offers an online renewal course twice a year which can be accessed from any computer, laptop or tablet which has internet access. COMING SOON
Previous health and safety experience education and or experience is an asset but not required.
One (1) day course, in a group setting. The course can be delivered at the employer’s location.