This is course will introduce you to how respiratory protection and how it is used, inspected, and maintained in the workplace. This is a basic awareness course to help you better understand how to protect your health and safety.
This course does NOT qualify individuals to work in Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH) environments. Additional training is required.
Goals and Objectives
By the end of the course, participants will have a basic understanding of:
- The importance of respiratory protection
- Types of respiratory hazards
- Types of respirators
- How to properly use a respirator
- What to do if a respirator malfunctions
- How to inspect and maintain respirators
This course is for:
- front-line employees in the BC manufacturing and food processing industries,
- supervisors in the BC manufacturing and food processing industries, and
- managers in the BC manufacturing and food processing industries.
Your training costs may be eligible for partial reimbursement through the B.C. Employer Training Grant. Find out here.
To attend this training session, participants must have:
- access to a laptop/desktop computer or iPad/tablet to attend this training session
- a good internet or WIFI connection
Previous health and safety education and/or experience is an asset but not required.
Upon completion, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.