This 3-hour online awareness course will provide participants with the key principles and concepts for recognizing the hazards, unsafe conditions and preventive actions associated with combustible dust. Accurately identifying, assessing, and controlling combustible dust is an essential part of an occupational health and safety (OHS) program. Employees, contractors, or managers/supervisors with combustible dust in their workplace will be better prepared to control combustible dust hazards, develop safe work procedures, and prevent incidents and injuries.
Within BC’s manufacturing industry the knowledge and skills acquired in Combustible Dust is applicable to: Employers and Managers, Contractors and Workers
Participants will be better prepared to control combustible dust hazards, develop safe work procedures, and prevent incidents and injuries.
- Identify the properties of combustible dust
- Understand combustible dust in relation to a safety management system
- Explain how dust properties need to be manage to mitigate workplace hazards
- Demonstrate the use of safety principles and procedures as they apply to combustible dust
- Characteristics of Combustible Dust
- How an Explosion Occurs
- When Does Accumulation Become a Hazard?
- How to Control Ignition Sources
- Controlling Explosion Risk
- Controlling Dust Accumulation
- Explosion Protection
- Physical Site Inspection
Online 3 hrs