Combustible Dust for Contractors
Accurately identifying, assessing, and controlling combustible dust is an essential part of a properly functioning Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) program. This course is designed to help you understand the properties of combustible dust, and how these properties need to be managed to mitigate the possible fire and explosion hazards in your workplace, As a result of this course you will be better prepared to control combustible dust hazards, develop safe work procedures, and prevent incidents and injuries.
This course will provide participants with the key principles and concepts for recognizing the hazards, unsafe conditions and preventive actions associated with combustible dust.
This course is an online course which takes approximately 3 hours to complete.
Online Learning Center
This course is designed for employees, managers or supervisors with combustible dust in their workplace.
Previous health and safety education and/or experience is an asset but not required.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand combustible dust as it relates to a safety management system
- Demonstrate the use of safety principles and procedures as it pertains to combustible dust within the manufacturing industry
- Characteristics of Combustible Dust
- How an Explosion Occurs
- When Does Accumulation Become a Hazard?
- How To Control Ignition Sources
- Controlling Explosion Risk
- Controlling Dust Accumulation
- Explosion Protection
- Physical Site Inspection
Assessment and Completion
Upon successful completion of course materials, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Online registration for this course is on an individual basis and is not transferable.