Board Member Profile and Application
The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC is seeking new members to join its volunteer Board of Directors for a two-year term beginning in May 2024.
Jump to Application Form
About the Role
The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC (the Alliance) recruits passionate and dedicated individuals to volunteer their time to serve on the Board of Directors. We are catalysts for improving workplace health and safety within the BC manufacturing industry. Our leading-edge health and safety programs, services, and training equip companies to make a difference in the lives of their employees – every day.
As the industry-funded, not-for-profit health and safety association for BC manufacturers and food processors, the Alliance provides training and advisory support to more than 3,000 businesses each year. Alliance services help employers build systems to keep workers healthy and safe.
We are seeking senior executive management candidates with experience in one or more of these priority areas:
- A CPA with finance or banking expertise and experience on another Board.
- An individual with a legal background and experience on another Board.
- An individual in a CIO or related technical role with experience on another Board.
Working collaboratively with the CEO, the Board of Directors is responsible for setting the strategic direction and providing fiduciary oversight and accountability for performance in achieving the vision and mission of the organization.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to contribute to setting strategic direction and determining long terms goals for the organization;
- Experience monitoring and/or improving organizational performance;
- Demonstrated ability to assess, manage, and mitigate risk;
- Strategic thinker that brings analytical skills to decision making;
- Connections to business and community through personal and/or professional networks;
- Passion, energy, optimism, leadership, team-oriented, outcome focused, and insight;
- Previous Board experience preferred in nonprofit and/or for-profit operations
If you share our passion for partnering to ensure BC workers go home safe and well to their families and our vision for supporting a sustainable manufacturing sector through ethical people practices, we want to hear from you.
To express interest, please apply online (below) before 5 PM on March 26, 2024.