Ergonomics is concerned with the “fit” between the user, equipment and environment. Ergonomics takes into account users’ capabilities and limitations to ensure tasks, functions, information and the environment suit each user. This course provides information to managers, supervisors and employees. on proper ergonomic design to prevent repetitive strain injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders.
This course will provide the participants with the basic principles and concepts of ergonomics so that they understand the importance of ergonomics in the workplace.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand basic ergonomic principles and concepts
- Understand the importance of ergonomics in reducing MSI/MSDs
- Identify contributing factors towards MSI/MSDs
- Establish control programs for MSI/MSDs
- Introduction to ergonomics
- Work-related musculoskeletal injuries/disorders (MSI/MSDs)
- Ergonomic concepts
- Control programs
- Case studies
- Workers, managers, and supervisors working in BC’s manufacturing industry.