Hazard Identification and Control
OHS Essentials course: workplace health and safety basics | 4 hrs classroom/virtual classroom, or 2 hrs online
Excellent choice for Joint Health and Safety Committee annual training.
Hazard identification and control helps to identify and analyze workplace hazards in order to reduce the risk of injury or illness on the job. This course will provide the knowledge and tools for hazard recognition, risk assessments, and control methods. All companies, regardless of size or industry, must understand hazard identification and control, along with workplace inspections, to meet safety requirements in BC.
Goals and Objectives
- Review typical hazards encountered in operations
- Identify the structure of effective hazard identification and hazard control programs
- Understand hazard identification, their general classifications and how job tasks become Safe Work Procedures
- Risk Assessments and Hierarchy of Controls application methods/examples
- Typical hazard in manufacturing and food processing
- Structure of a Hazard Identification Program
- Biological and psychological hazards
- Risk assessment model
- Hazard prioritization
This basic workplace health and safety training course is intended for:
- Joint health and safety committee members
- Health and safety worker representatives
- Any employee, manager, or supervisor tasked with participating in hazard identification
Your training costs may be eligible for partial reimbursement through the B.C. Employer Training Grant. Find out here.