Goals and Objectives
- Describe Occupational Health and Safety Regulations related to investigations.
- Identify basic principles, responsibilities and processes for conducting effective investigations.
- Describe the causes of incidents.
- Explain the phases of the investigation process.
- Legal requirements
- Written program requirements
- Basic principles of incident investigation
- Causal analysis
- Investigation process
This course is designed for:
- Joint health and safety committee members
- Health and safety worker representatives
- Any employee, manager, or supervisor tasked with incident investigations
The knowledge and skills acquired in Incident Investigation is applicable to all sized employers within BC’s manufacturing industry.
Eligible toward the requirements for for mandatory annual Joint Health and Safety Committee training in British Columbia; may be eligible in other jurisdictions as well.