Fatigue Management | Introduction
Fatigue is more than feeling tired and drowsy. Work fatigue is mental or physical exhaustion that reduces a person’s ability to work safely and effectively. This course explores fatigue-related risks in manufacturing, factors that influence fatigue, and solutions to mitigate the risks.
Goals and Objectives
- To learn about workplace fatigue and the importance of being aware of it on the job.
- To understand what contributes to fatigue in an industrial setting.
- To interpret BC Regulations and international practices.Outcomes:•Participantswill understand workplace fatigue and its effect on workers.
- Factors that contribute to fatigue
- Regulations and standards related to fatigue on the job
- Signs of fatigue
- Factors with influence fatigue:
- Non-traditional working hours and fatigue
- Job demands
- Manual material handling
- Sleep quality
- Impact of fatigue on work-related incidents
- Risk factors
- Management of fatigue in the workplace
- Senior management
- Joint Health and Safety Committee members