Mental Health Awareness
Mental health is feeling good about who you are, having balance in your life, and managing life’s challenges. It is the responsibility of both employers and employees to protect and promote mental health in the workplace to ensure people are psychologically safe.
Improving the management of mental health in the workplace can increase productivity by as much as 30%.
For an introduction to the fundamentals of workplace mental health, start with this online course.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand mental health
- Recognize the occurrence and impact of mental health issues in the workplace
- Understand the signs and symptoms of a mental health issue
- Understand basic mental health first aid assessment and support
- Recognize the factors that can positively impact employee mental health and company performance
- Mental health vs illness
- Types, signs or symptoms
- Initial assessment
- Workplace controls
- Joint Health and Safety Committee members
- HR professionals