Certified OSSE Internal Auditor – Large Employers
Internal Auditors are permanent employees of a company, who must be trained and certified by the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC to conduct, document and report an OSSE Occupational Health and Safety Management System and/or Injury Management System. It is recommended that the staff member responsible for leading the occupational health and safety program attend the training.
Goals and Objectives
This course teaches internal auditors how to gather the information necessary for measuring the effectiveness of the corporate safety program. It familiarizes participants with the Audit Tool and prepares them to complete the OSSE maintenance audit. It is strongly recommended that the company trains 2 employees (a minimum of 1 employee).
- Overview of the OSSE program
- Understanding audit program definitions
- Understanding auditor roles and responsibilities
- Understanding the activities in the 3 phases of an audit (pre-audit, audit and post-audit)
- Understanding the information collection and evidence-gathering methods
- Navigating the OSSE Audit Tool and associated audit documentation
- Writing and submitting the completed OSSE audit tool and executive summary
Large employer (with 20 or more workers) trained and certified internal auditors may only conduct the annual maintenance audits.
Your training costs may be eligible for partial reimbursement through the B.C. Employer Training Grant. Find out here.