Principles of OHS Management
An occupational health and safety (OHS) program is a plan of action designed to prevent accidents and occupational diseases. This course will allow employees to build or sustain an OHS program with essential information on legislative requirements for an OHS program.
A health and safety program includes specific elements required by legislation and relies on commitment, leadership, and worker participation to achieve its outcomes.
Goals and Objectives
- Explain the basics of the Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- Examine the key elements of an OHS program
- Identify why an OHS program is important
- Basic principles of OHS
- OHS legislation
- Due diligence and enforcement
- Fundamentals of an OHS management program
- Any employee within a company that is planning on building or sustaining an OHS program.