Safety Culture 101
This introductory-level course focuses on the basics of a safety culture. It is an essential building block for anyone who wants to play a role in making their workplace healthy and safe.
*Note – this course is a pre-requisite for Safety Culture 102: How to Build and Maintain a Safety Culture.
Goals and Objectives
- Define safety culture
- Clearly distinguish between safety climate and safety culture
- Explain how safety culture is a product of an organization’s broader culture and values
- Describe the key ingredients of a strong safety culture
- Itemize the individual and organizational benefits of a strong safety culture
- Plan the steps required to strengthen or maintain your organization’s safety culture
- What is safety culture?
- Understanding the difference between safety ‘climate’ and safety ‘culture’
- Why organizational culture matters
- Ingredients of a strong safety culture
- Why safety culture is important
- Strengthening your safety culture
- Front-line employees
- OHS professionals
- Members of OHS committees