Small Employer Program Building
Designed for small employers, this course helps you understand the key elements of a safety program, legislative requirements, and how to build an occupational health and safety management program.
Your occupational health and safety (OHS) program is designed to help prevent accidents and diseases in the workplace. This course identifies the key elements of safety fundamentals that all employers need regardless of their size. It will provide you with essential information on legislative requirements and what an OHS Management Program is for new business owners.
The course is broken down into segments so you can take what you need to build an OHS management program for your business.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand the basics of occupational health and safety legislation
- Examine the key elements of an OHS program
- Learn why and OHS program is important
- Roles and responsibilities
- Worker Representative versus Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Hazard identification
- Workplace inspections
- Incident investigation
- First aid
- Young workers
- Record keeping
- Employers and employees in small businesses looking to build and OHS program