Managers and supervisors are responsible for shaping behavior while ensuring employees receive an adequate introduction to workplace health and safety. On completion of this online course, new hires and HR managers looking for support in the OHS portion of their workplace orientation program will have a better understanding of common workplace health and safety elements. Note: Employee Safety Orientation is meant to be integrated with a complete workplace orientation program.
This course is for new hires and HR managers looking for support with the OHS portion of their workplace orientation program.
Participants will understand the requirements of the Occupational Health & Safety Regulation and the Worker’s Compensation Act.
- Know who their direct supervisor is and be familiar with their rights, roles and responsibilities
- Understand the importance of learning about hazards
- Be familiar with health and safety program concepts
- Know what types of emergencies can occur
- Be familiar with key ergonomic risk factors and aware of resources that may help keep them safe at work
- Rights, Roles and Responsibilities
- Industry Specific Programs and Procedures
- Emergency Preparedness,
- Ergonomics and Core Strengthening
Suggested Next Course(s)
- Hazard ID & Control
- Workplace Inspections
- Incident Investigation
Online 2 hours