Ergonomic design is necessary to prevent repetitive strain injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders, which can develop over time and can lead to long-term disability. This course builds on the fundamentals of Ergonomics and assists managers, supervisors, and employees in implementing a musculoskeletal injuries/disorder reduction program
This course builds on the fundamentals of Ergonomics to managers, supervisors and employees and assists them in implementing a Musculoskeletal Injuries/Disorder (MSI/MSD) reduction program.
This course is designed to assist participants with the implementation of an MSI/MSD reduction program at their workplace.
- Understand and be able to communicate basic Ergonomic principles and concepts
- Comprehend current legal requirements for an MSD Prevention program
- Understand implementation strategies such as hazard and risk assessments
- Be able to build and run an effective MSI/MSD reduction program
- Review of ergonomic concepts and principles
- Legal requirements
- MSI/MSD Reduction model and the PDCA Cycle
- Implementation Strategies and concepts
- Employee/employer engagement strategies
Ergonomics 101: Fundamentals.
Onsite 1 day
Open Classroom 1 day
Online 3 hours