The aim of this course is to provide an understanding of the regulations, responsibilities and processes for conducting effective workplace inspections.
This course is structured as a half day instructor-led course using a combination of both lecture-based and practical learning components.
Self-paced, online learning option is also available.
This course is designed for Joint Health and Safety Committee members, Worker Health and Safety Reps as well as other employees, managers, or supervisors delegated workplace inspection responsibilities.
Previous health and safety education and/or experience is an asset but not required.
This course will cover:
- Regulation and Compliance Requirements
- Procedure for Conducting an Inspection
- Identification of Priority Areas
- Information Gathering
- Assigning Hazard Ratings
- Recommendations and Corrective Actions
- Analysis, Review and Continual Improvement
- Recording, Monitoring and Reporting
- Distribution of Reports and Privacy Requirements
Assessment and Completion
Upon successful completion of course materials, students will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
Online registration for this course is on an individual basis and is not transferable.