This customizable 1-day course will assist managers, supervisors or lead-hands to acquire the necessary skills to become more effective adult educators. It will also assist seasoned trainers to bring their skills to a higher level of competency and show them how to enhance the effectiveness of courses, crew talks and on-the-job training.
Both new and experienced instructors can benefit from a thorough overview of current training methods and techniques in adult learning.
- Recognize the importance of considering the participants’ training needs, including different learning styles, principles, theories and instructional methodologies
- Know how to write learning objectives and evaluate whether these objectives have been met
- Develop an effective training style, using appropriate training aids and techniques
- Conduct a short group training session that incorporates these training concepts
- What Makes a Successful Trainer?
- Extroverts and Introverts
- Basic Principles of Adult Learning
- Adult Learning Styles, The Training Process
- Choosing Training Methods, Applying the Learning Cycle
- Setting the Climate,
- Delivery Fundamentals
- On-the-Job Training
- Dealing with Difficult Trainees
*Customization of time/content available upon request.
Additional fees may apply
Onsite Training 1 day
Open Classroom 1 day