If an operation involves tasks with a risk of falling from a height of 3 metres or more, then fall protection is required. If a fall of fewer than 3 metres where anything more than a flat surface impact could occur, then fall protection is also required. If the fall hazard is greater than 7.5 metres, you are also required to implement a fall protection plan.
A fall protection plan should include:
- Documented identification of all tasks performed at heights
- Hazard identification/risk assessment
- Adequate safe work procedures for working at heights
- Documented fall protection plans, as required
- Training and supervision of all workers and contractors who perform work at heights