Occupational Hygienist – Safety Advisor
If you’re an experienced Occupational Health & Safety professional looking to bring your expertise to a dynamic industry association, we’d love to hear from you! We’re recruiting for an Occupational Hygienist – Safety Advisor to join our team in servicing our members. You will manage and develop a portfolio of MSABC member-clients and support them in assessing and mitigating their health and safety issues, implement and document industry-standard practices, and advance a safety culture across all aspects of their operations.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop, deliver, facilitate, implement, evaluate and improve health and safety programs and services for member companies that meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
- Identify site-specific risks, complete Gap Analysis, present findings and develop action plans for members that include best practices and procedures to mitigate risk and ensure minimum standards are attained.
- Conduct assessments for hearing, air quality, dust, asbestos, etc. and calibrate and maintain equipment used in hygiene testing services.
- Develop client guidelines for occupational health and safety practices and activities (including but not limited to: preventative maintenance, fall-arrest equipment, confined space applications, lockout, chemical spill control, electrical equipment failure, accident investigation, workplace inspection).
- Deliver training programs on specialized topics to both virtual and live audiences, in collaboration with the training department.
Who You Are
- Master’s degree in Occupational Hygiene / Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) / Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH); preference will be given to candidates with an ROH designation.
- Five-plus years of progressive experience in Occupational Health and Safety; demonstrated experience with preventative maintenance, fall-arrest equipment, confined space applications, lockout, chemical spill control, electrical equipment failure, accident investigation, workplace inspections, workplace issues and systems.
- Strong verbal communication and written/report writing skills to effectively communicate with clients and regulatory officers in a variety of media.
- Ability to both self-manage and work collaboratively with professional peers and clients.
- Driven to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Ability to wear PPE such as hard hat, respirator, eye protection, safety harness, etc.
- Be able to work occasionally outside of normal work hours.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with good driving record.
- Reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel).
Why You Should Work Here
At the Alliance, our goal is to make manufacturing safer and ensure that every worker returns home healthy and safe each day.
Based in Chilliwack, we work with more than 3000 manufacturers in British Columbia to reduce injuries in the workplace. We provide occupational health and safety advisory services, resources, and training to manufacturing and food processing businesses across the province.
Equality and inclusion are essential values of the Alliance, and we are committed to building a diverse and talented team. Grow your career with our team of health and safety professionals who are passionate about making a difference for BC workers.
We offer a competitive salary along with a compensation and benefits package that includes vacation, health and dental care, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and contributions towards your retirement.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.