Occupational Hygienist – Safety Advisor
Who We Are
At the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC, our goal is to make the manufacturing sector a safer place to work by creating a culture of safety that returns every worker home safely to their family every night. As a not-for-profit industry organization, passionate about what we do and how we impact people every day, we serve more than 3000 manufacturers in BC and employ a professional team of specialists to support our members. We deliver a range of occupational health & safety advisory services, resources, training, and provide the Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence Program for the manufacturing sector.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop, deliver, facilitate, implement, evaluate and improve health and safety programs and services for member companies that meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
- Identify site-specific risks, complete Gap Analysis, present findings and develop action plans for members that include best practices and procedures to mitigate risk and ensure minimum standards are attained.
- Conduct assessments for hearing, air quality, dust, asbestos, etc. and calibrate and maintain equipment used in hygiene testing services.
- Develop client guidelines for occupational health and safety practices and activities (including but not limited to: preventative maintenance, fall-arrest equipment, confined space applications, lockout, chemical spill control, electrical equipment failure, accident investigation, workplace inspection).
- Deliver training programs on specialized topics to both virtual and live audiences, in collaboration with the training department.
Who You Are
- Master’s degree in Occupational Hygiene / Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) / Registered Occupational Hygienist (ROH); preference will be given to candidates with an ROH designation.
- Five-plus years of progressive experience in Occupational Health and Safety; demonstrated experience with preventative maintenance, fall-arrest equipment, confined space applications, lockout, chemical spill control, electrical equipment failure, accident investigation, workplace inspections, workplace issues and systems.
- Strong verbal communication and written/report writing skills to effectively communicate with clients and regulatory officers in a variety of media.
- Ability to both self-manage and work collaboratively with professional peers and clients.
- Driven to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Ability to wear PPE such as hard hat, respirator, eye protection, safety harness, etc.
- Be able to work occasionally outside of normal work hours.
- Valid BC Driver’s License with good driving record.
- Reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel).
Why You Should Work Here
Based in Chilliwack, BC, we are an OSSE certified company with a recognized health & safety management system. We work in partnership with WorkSafeBC in their Partners in Injury and Disability Prevention Program, and Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence (OSSE) program, which recognizes and financially rewards employers who have high standards of occupational health and safety and return-to-work programs.
As an industry association employer, we’re responsible for ensuring we meet and exceed health & safety practices for our approximately 30 professional staff while building a strong organizational culture. While remote work arrangements are in full effect currently, we offer a professional office environment along with competitive compensation and robust extended health and wellness benefits. With new programs and services under development, it’s an exciting time to join our organization.
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job Title, to:
Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC
Email: [email protected]
We thank all candidates for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ education and experience best meets the needs of the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.