Ergonomic design is necessary to prevent repetitive strain injuries and other musculoskeletal disorders, which can develop over time and can lead to long-term disability. This course will help participants create an MSI/MSD reduction program at their workplace.
This course builds on the fundamentals of Ergonomics and assists managers, supervisors, and employees in implementing a musculoskeletal injuries/disorder reduction program
Goals and Objectives
- Understand and be able to communicate basic Ergonomic principles and concepts
- Comprehend current legal requirements for an MSD Prevention program
- Understand implementation strategies such as hazard and risk assessments
- Be able to build and run an effective MSI/MSD reduction program
- Review of ergonomic concepts and principles
- Legal requirements
- MSI/MSD Reduction model and the PDCA Cycle
- Implementation Strategies and concepts
- Employee/employer engagement strategies
- Managers, supervisors, and employees working in BC manufacturing and food processing
Your training costs may be eligible for partial reimbursement through the B.C. Employer Training Grant. Find out here.