Nominations are now closed. Nominations for the 2021 Safety Excellence Awards will open October 29, 2020.
Eligibility: Any member manufacturer or OSSE-certified company.
Criteria: This award recognizes a company for implementing leading solutions in three key manufacturing risk areas—in addition to demonstrating leadership in integrating health and safety into their business culture. Nominations must address the company’s programs related to:
- MSI prevention (ergonomics);
- Machine-related injuries (safeguarding and lockout);
- Slips, trips, and falls (housekeeping); AND
- Safety and business culture
Nominations: Companies may self-nominate or may be nominated by a supplier or partner using the online nomination form. Company may submit supporting materials or video if they wish. Judging: Judging by a committee appointed by the Alliance based on risk control in four areas:
- MSI prevention / ergonomics (10-point scale)
- Machine-related injuries / safeguarding and lockout (10-point scale)
- Slips, trips, and falls / housekeeping (10-point scale)
- Safety and business culture (10-point scale)
Award: Winner and runner up for the award will be announced at the Safety Pinnacle Awards Gala in April 2020. Winners may be awarded in up to four categories. Winner will be awarded a trophy, interviewed and recognized in an Alliance publication. Winner may also be engaged to participate in other media and promotional opportunities to showcase their brand leadership in health and safety.