The National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) has recommended a temporary suspension of the use of the AstraZeneca/SII Covishield vaccines in Canadians under 55. This is a precautionary measure, as the vaccine may be associated with rare cases of blood clots, totaling less than 30 cases worldwide out of 20 million people who received the vaccine.
Speak with your health care provider if you:
- Have an immune system weakened by disease or medical treatment;
- Have an autoimmune condition;
- Are pregnant, may be pregnant or are planning to become pregnant;
- Are breastfeeding;
- Have received a monoclonal antibody or convalescent plasma for treatment or prevention of COVID-19;
- Have received a vaccine in the last 14 days; or
- Have symptoms of COVID-19.