Julie Cole Bursary
for Studies in Occupational Health and Safety
The loss of Julie Cole in 2020 left a hole in the safety community of British Columbia. An external auditor for the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC and health and safety manager, a principal consultant and safety trainer, and Manager of Health and Wellness for School District 20, Julie was a vital member of the safety community.
The Alliance has created a new bursary in her honour to support a student who shares Julie’s passion for Occupational Health and Safety.
The Julie Cole Bursary in OHS Studies is being awarded for the first time in 2021.
This award will support a student pursuing a career in Occupational Health and Safety through post-secondary studies with demonstrated genuine financial need.
The Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC is a leading provider of health and safety services in BC. An industry-funded organization with a board of directors elected from BC manufacturing industries, the Alliance is dedicated to ensuring Occupational Health and Safety professionals of the future are well qualified to provide industry advice and leadership.
This bursary supports the Alliance Vision: Partnering with BC’s industry leaders to achieve cultural change that ensures safe workplaces for all employees.
The annual bursary of $500 is offered by the Manufacturing Safety Alliance of BC.
Deadline Extended: March 31, 2023
- Applications will be accepted from students enrolling in a full-time, accredited Occupational Health and Safety program at college or university in BC (BCIT, UBC) for the 2023-2024 year
- Applications will be accepted from high school graduates and those furthering their education in health and safety graduate studies as outlined in the list of qualified programs
- Applicants will submit abstracts showing their academic results
- Applicants will submit an essay of 750 to 1,200 words explaining why workplace health and safety is important to them, and why they are pursuing this course of study
- Applicants will include information about their financial need in their application
- Applicants will be Canadian citizens or permanent residents residing in the province of B.C.
Applications will be reviewed by an expert panel. The bursary is awarded at the annual Manufacturing Safety Alliance Safety Pinnacle Awards Gala.