COVID-19 restrictions extended | New order for Workplace Safety now postedLisa Thibault
The Provincial Health Officer has extended all current COVID-19 restrictions, except for gyms and fitness facilities – which can open on January 20, 2022, with strict COVID-19 Safety Plans in place.
The COVID-19 Safety Plan order remains in place for B.C. businesses. Members and clients should review and renew their COVID-19 Safety Plan to keep employees safe through the Omicron surge.
Employers must remind employees who are sick to stay home.
A COVID-19 Safety Plan should include a daily worker health check. COVID-19 transmission – particularly Omicron – remains highly active in our communities. Some groups are at greater risk for severe illness and hospitalization, including:
- Younger people not vaccinated
- People over the age of 70 – regardless of vaccination status
- People with underlying immune compromising conditions
Additionally, one in ten people who get sick with the virus have symptoms lasting ten weeks or longer.
COVID-19 resources and information:
- PHO Order – Workplace Safety – January 20, 2022
- Webinar replay | Omicron Q&A for Business
- COVID-19 Safety Plan Checklist