New Health and Safety Regulatory Changes | Effective September 1, 2021Jennifer Wiebe
New regulatory amendments came into effect on September 1, 2021. Please note the changes to these sections of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation.
- Pesticides (Part 6)
- Safety headgear (Part 8)
- High-visibility apparel (Part 8)
- Mobile equipment (Part 16)
Several OHS guidelines have been created or revised in relation to these amendments. You can find these on the OHS Regulation Updates & Decisions page of the WorkSafeBC website.
More information on the amendments
These resources explain the amendments overall, and provide more detailed information in primers that cover each of the changes:
- Overview: Changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, September 2021
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on restricted entry intervals for pesticides
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on safety headgear
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on high-visibility apparel
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on mobile equipment
For workers who want to better understand the changes in the regulation around safety headgear (Part 8), Safety headgear: Rights and responsibilities explains, and is also available in Punjabi.
If you have questions or need advice regarding the impact of these changes for your workplace, we are happy to help. Call 1-604-795-9595 or email us to talk with a Safety Advisor.