New Health and Safety Regulatory Changes | Effective September 1, 2021Jennifer Wiebe
New regulatory amendments came into effect on September 1, 2021. Please note the changes to these sections of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation.
- Pesticides (Part 6)
- Safety headgear (Part 8)
- High-visibility apparel (Part 8)
- Mobile equipment (Part 16)
Several OHS guidelines have been created or revised in relation to these amendments. You can find these on the OHS Regulation Updates & Decisions page of the WorkSafeBC website.
More information on the amendments
These resources explain the amendments overall, and provide more detailed information in primers that cover each of the changes:
- Overview: Changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation, September 2021
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on restricted entry intervals for pesticides
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on safety headgear
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on high-visibility apparel
- Regulatory amendment: A primer on mobile equipment
If you have questions or need advice regarding the impact of these changes for your workplace, we are happy to help. Call 1-604-795-9595 or email us to talk with a Safety Advisor.